Historically, the fashion and film industries have a deeply intertwined relationship that spans decades. Every film must have a custome design and even many films often reflect the cultural and social norms of the time they were made. Fashion within a movie can reflect these norms, showcasing the prevailing styles, attitudes, and societal expectations. Similarly, filmmakers might use fashion to convey a character's evolution or transformation throughout the storyline.
In Rwanda, the fashion and film industry has been developing day by day and even connect in many ways. In partnership with Ms. Angel Mutoni CEO and Creative Director of the NTARE GITARE and other local fashion designers, filmmakers, and actors, andthe Rwanda Cultural Fashion Show- RCFS are organizing a fashion talk show that will discuss more about the role of fashion in the film industry in Rwanda and the collaboration between fashion designers and local filmmakers.
Ms. Angel Mutoni CEO and Creative Director of the NTARE GITARE is the guest speaker
Ms Angel Mutoni is a Christian fashion designer/ Photographer based in Rwanda. Founded the NTARE GITARE, a clothing brand that started in 2020 during the COVID-19 pandemic in the days of lockdown. The brand specializes in luxury ready to wear for men and women. It focuses on craftsmanship, quality, innovation, and creativity.
A Dress Made by NTARE GITARE
Mr. Amir Mbera, the CEO and founder of the Irebe Modeling Agency& Actor, and scriptwriter is also among the guest speakers
Mr. Talento UMUHETO, a fashion designer, CEO and founder of UMUHETO Fashion House based in Rwanda
Latest from RCFS
- COLLABORATION CONTINUES BETWEEN EVELINE GONZENBACH AND UMUHETO FASHION HOUSE [PHOTOS]
- The Kigali Triennial Fashion Show 2024: Rwanda's Arts Festival Highlights Vibrancy of African culture
- The DK Heritage Collection 2024 is Released: Unique and Sexy, Casual, and Classic
- The International Model Eveline Gonzenbach in a New Collection 2024 by UMUHETO Fashion House [PHOTOS]
- When will African Fashion Designers adapt to Sustainable Fashion?