"Support each other through collection making or support one another if one has a fashion show so that we can all grow together. So, we decided to have our first edition of putting our ideas into action on October 13th, 2023. Our fashion show is aimed at empowering young fashion designers and connecting them to a wider audience" said Derrick Mugisha Spokesperson of the NFE
PHOTO: Poster with information about the NFE2023, Designs by Maison Inkingi.
According to Mugisha, the NFE's members will profit from this collective which will continue to welcome them to a world of Fashion where their creativity is limitless, connect potential fashion buyers with amazing local fashion designers, and fuse fashion with storytelling and NFE being a space for them to create and showcase their various inspired looks.
During the interview with the RCFS's Media, the spokesperson of the NFE answered the questions About their upcoming edition the NFE2023 scheduled on the 13th of October, and other questions about the fashion industry in general.
- How many fashion member designers do you have in the NFE2023 edition? Are they any international?
"We currently have 5 members including MATHEO STUDIO, SHEMA GAETAN, MAISON INKINGI, KONI CLOTHING, AND FASHION FORWARD (which will be represented by BRAND 8). And there are no international designers yet. We didn't want to include them for our first show as we are bringing it in a way of introducing NFE to people and we have limited time as it's our first edition so we didn't want the event to be that long, but we will definitely add them in our second edition next year." said Mugisha the Spokesperson of the NFE
PHOTO: Designed by Maison Inkingi.
- We had an interview with one of your members the owner of the Matheo Brand and he told us that the NFE 2023 is going to be unique. can you tell us more about this event? Location? Price? Uniqueness?
"We said more about this event above on the first question but what we can add on is that Novelty Fashion Show is a great platform, especially for emerging designers. We believe it's going to bring exposure to many artists/creatives or Fashion designers and we believe that many will connect from the event and the event will bring an impact in one way or the other.
This event going to take place at L'ESPACE near Kigali Library or opposite the American Embassy. This event's entrance price will be 15,000RWF and the uniqueness is that most of our showcasing fashion designers will be showcasing with different styles where some have Haute couture, Ready to wear, Street, and Recycling. And also, another interesting thing is that we are all designers below 26 years of age which we believe will be inspiring to the young generation that we want to empower." Said Mugisha the Spokesperson of the NFE
- Some fashion lovers in Kigali have been complaining that there is a copy-and-paste among local fashion designers. Do you have this in your crew as a challenge as well? If yes, what do you do to against counterfeiting among your members?
"Well so far we don't have such a case in our collective because we believe in the beauty of creating your own which always brings us closer and grows our bond because we know that we are in a safe place and if such happens maybe in the future then we can discuss about that because we believe in unity and that's why we formed this collective NFE" ." Said Mugisha the Spokesperson of the NFE
PHOTO: Designed by BRAND 08
- Back to your upcoming event in October, do you have sponsors and partners? How many designers will be showcasing in that show? Each fashion designer for how many pieces?
"Our fashion show "NFE show" has few sponsors so far I think because it's our first edition but after people see the potential in us they will definitely support the next edition. Five Fashion designers will be showcasing in the event showing at least 10-20 looks/pieces." Said Mugisha the Spokesperson of the NFE
- How do you see the fashion industry In Rwanda in general?
"The Fashion industry in Rwanda is really thriving, everyone is trying to make something to see if all of us together can lift our Fashion industry to some great level with support from the government officials would really help in boosting it" Said Mugisha the Spokesperson of the NFE
PHOTO: Designed by KONI Clothings
Mugisha promised that his team is ready to provide a good and unique show and has asked fashion lovers to come and support them.
"We would like to invite everyone for this fashion event it will be a great night to experience culture, beauty, and creativity. And with your support, we believe we can make a change and make a step," added Mugisha the Spokesperson of the NFE
PHOTO: Designed by Metheo
PHOTO: Designed by Shema Gaeta
Latest from RCFS
- COLLABORATION CONTINUES BETWEEN EVELINE GONZENBACH AND UMUHETO FASHION HOUSE [PHOTOS]
- The Kigali Triennial Fashion Show 2024: Rwanda's Arts Festival Highlights Vibrancy of African culture
- The DK Heritage Collection 2024 is Released: Unique and Sexy, Casual, and Classic
- The International Model Eveline Gonzenbach in a New Collection 2024 by UMUHETO Fashion House [PHOTOS]
- When will African Fashion Designers adapt to Sustainable Fashion?